Diabetes Signs & Symptoms
There are many signs and symptoms that can indicate diabetes.
Signs and symptoms can include the following:
- Unusual thirst
- Frequent urination
- Weight change (gain or loss)
- Extreme fatigue or lack of energy
- Blurred vision
- Frequent or recurring infections
- Cuts and bruises that are slow to heal
- Tingling or numbness in the hands or feet
- Trouble getting or maintaining an erection
If you have any of these symptoms, it is important to contact your health-care provider right away. Even if you don’t have symptoms, if you are 40 or older, you should still get checked.
It is important to recognize, however, that many people who have type 2 diabetes may display no symptoms.
Symptoms of diabetes in children
Diabetes affects children of all ages. Most children who develop diabetes do not have a family history of diabetes.
Symptoms of diabetes in your child could include:
- Drinking and going to the bathroom more frequently than usual
- Starting to wet the bed again
- Lack of energy
If you think your child might have diabetes, see a doctor today.