(as of May 15,2021 12:22:28 UTC – Details)
From the Publisher
Orange-Miso Salad & Chicken
1/4 Plate Protein: chicken, peanuts
1/4 Plate Starch or Grain: soba noodles
1/2 Plate Nonstarchy Veggies: spinach, sweet peppers, mushrooms, red onion, green onions
Skewer Salad with Orange-Miso Vinaigrette and Chicken
Servings: 4 (1 chicken breast half, 3⁄4 cup spinach, and 2 vegetable skewers)
Prep: 30 minutes
Marinate: 4 hours
Broil: 12 minutes
1. For marinade, in a small bowl whisk together orange juice, vinegar, miso, sesame oil, and the crushed red pepper. Transfer half of the marinade to another small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Pour the remaining marinade in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken breast halves to the bag. Seal bag and turn to coat chicken. Place bag with chicken in a medium bowl. Marinate chicken in the refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours, turning bag occasionally.
2. Thread pepper pieces, mushrooms, and onion wedges alternately on eight 12-inch metal skewers, leaving a ¼-inch space between each piece. Lightly coat vegetables with nonstick cooking spray. Drain chicken, discarding any marinade.
3. Preheat broiler. Place vegetable skewers and chicken pieces on the unheated rack of a broiler pan (broil in batches if pan is not large enough). Broil 5 to 6 inches from the heat for 8 to 10 minutes for vegetables or until just tender, turning once halfway through broiling time. Broil chicken for 12 to 15 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in chicken registers 165°F, turning once halfway through broiling time. Keep warm.
4. To serve, divide spinach among four serving plates; top with vegetable skewers. Add chicken and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Stir reserved marinade; drizzle over skewers and spinach.
Per Serving: 282 cal., 8 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 90 mg chol., 392 mg sodium, 16 g carb. (3 g fiber, 10 g sugars), 34 g pro.
Exchanges: 1.5 vegetable, 0.5 starch, 4 lean meat, 0.5 fat.
1⁄2 cup orange juice
1⁄3 cup rice vinegar
2 tablespoons white miso paste
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1 1⁄4 pounds)
2 medium red, orange, and/or yellow sweet peppers cut into 1 1⁄2-inch pieces
8 ounces small whole fresh mushrooms
1 large red onion, trimmed and cut into 1-inch wedges
3 cups packaged fresh baby spinach leaves
1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
Soba Noodles with Peanuts
Servings: 4 (1⁄2 cup noodles each)
Start to Finish: 15 minutes
1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and return to the pan. Add green onion tops, peanuts, sesame oil, and orange peel. Toss to combine. Divide among plates.
Per Serving: 182 cal., 8 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 288 mg sodium, 24 g carb. (2 g fiber, 1 g sugars), 6 g pro.
Exchanges: 1.5 starch, 1.5 fat.
Total Meal Nutrition
Per Plate: 464 cal.,16 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 90 mg chol.,680 mg sodium, 40 g carb. (5 g fiber,11 g sugars), 40 g pro.
Exchanges: 1.5 vegetable, 2 starch, 4 lean meat, 2 fat.
4 ounces dried soba noodles (buckwheat noodles)
1⁄3 cup sliced green onion tops
1⁄4 cup chopped lightly salted peanuts
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
2 teaspoons finely shredded orange peel