points - Details)
Mix diabetic-friendly and family-delicious in one easy pot.
If you are one of the 30 million Americans struggling with diabetes, the biggest obstacle to meal preparation can be life. Since staring into the refrigerator waiting for inspiration isn’t an option, having a simple, delicious, and practical diabetic cookbook like The One-Pot Diabetes Cookbook, is essential to managing your condition.
With clear recipes and guidance, this dedicated diabetic cookbook will help you prepare balanced, full meals that will feed your whole family in one pot. Cooking becomes more convenient, mealtime becomes more integrated, and all with just a few kitchen tools and basic cooking techniques―a truly family inclusive diabetic cookbook.
This diabetic cookbook features:
- Many “one-pots”―Preparation options range from a slow cooker to a soup pot, to just a simple salad bowl.
- Shopping made easy―A diabetic cookbook filled with recipes containing minimal ingredients that are easy to find at the grocery store.
- Tips and advice―Feed your brain with nutritional and useful knowledge about living with diabetes.
Simplify your life and health with a diabetic cookbook written around delicious one-pot meals.
Recipes include: Mandarin Orange Chicken Salad, Steak Fajitas, Pot Roast with Vegetables, One-Pot Beef and Veggie Lasagna, Jamaican Jerk Ground Beef Skillet, and Slow-Cooked Seafood Chowder
From the Publisher
Slow-Cooked Huevos Rancheros
Ser ves 8 Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 4 hours, 10 minutes
Spice up breakfast with this flavorful classic. Huevos Rancheros makes a great breakfast-for-dinner meal everyone will love—and with leftovers too! Combining high-quality protein from eggs with nutrient-packed beans makes a filling and satisfying meal, no matter when you serve it.
Nut-Free • Vegetarian
1. Whisk the eggs and milk together in a slow cooker. Turn the slow cooker to high and cook the eggs for 5 to 8 minutes, until they’re firm but not cooked through. The eggs should still be slightly wet. Add the Colby-Jack cheese, scallions, and seasoning and mix well. Turn the temperature to low.
2. Top the eggs with the taco cheese. Then layer half the salsa, half the beans, and half the tortilla strips over the eggs. Repeat with the remaining salsa, beans, and tortilla strips.
3. Cover and cook on low for about 4 hours, until everything is heated thoroughly and the cheese is melted.
4. Garnish each serving with 1 tablespoon of sour cream.
8 large eggs, 1/2 cup salsa
1/2 cup low-fat milk
1 cup par t-skim shredded Colby-Jack cheese
2 tablespoons chopped scallions
1/4 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend, such as Mrs. Dash
1/4 cup par t-skim shredded taco cheese
1 (15- ounce) can black or chili beans, rinsed and drained
4, 6-inch whole wheat tortillas, cut int o 1/2-inch strips, 4 tablespoons low-fat sour cream divided